- Top 10 Best Electric Rice Cookers
- 1.Borosil BRC18LDSS11 1.8-Litres Electric Rice Cooker and Steamer (Black)
- 2.Panasonic SR-DF181 1.8-Litre 750-Watt Rice Cooker
- 3.Panasonic SR-Y22FHS 750-Watt Automatic Electric Cooker with Non-stick Cooking Pan (Silver/Burgundy)
- 4.Panasonic SR-Y18FHS 660-Watt Automatic Electric Cooker 4.4 Litre with Non-Stick Cooking Pan & Steamer
- 5.Prestige Cute Delight Electric Rice Cooker, 1.8-2L (Red)
- 6.Panasonic SRWA18GHCMB Rice Cooker Combo Pack, 1.8 Litre
- 7.Panasonic SR-WA22H – 750 Watt Automatic Cooker Warmer 5.4 Litre With Double Steamer Basket
- 8.Preethi RC-319 – 1 Litre Double Pan Electric Rice Cooker
- 9 .Panasonic SR-WA18 E 4.4-Litre Automatic Rice Cooker (White)
- 10.Prestige PRWO 1.8-2 700-Watt Electric Rice Cooker
Men or women, anyone can prepare delicious, finger licking dish at home. All they need is the best electric rice cooker. Along with rice cooking, you can steam the vegetables/meats, prepare oatmeal and some other breakfast cereals, cook the pancakes, etc. Remember, an electric rice cooker is not your single-minded kitchen appliance. You can use it to prepare multi-variety of food items.
Even if you have the rice cooker only with 2 settings “cook and keep warm”, you can still use it to prepare a wide variety of food options for you. Surprised? Invest your money in an electric rice cooker and get complimented for finding such a wonderful kitchen appliance!
With electric rice cookers, you can prepare perfect rice (not overcooked or undercooked). Put the rice and add water, your rice cooker will do the rest. It will cook the rice and change the mode to “keep warm”. Some rice cookers add few other settings to make your task even simpler.
How To Buy An Electric Rice Cooker?
The primary goal of an electric rice cooker is to cook a great and delicious meal effortlessly. This feature alone makes the rice cookers worthwhile, as they aim to provide the ultimate result on its own. The following are the basic features, you could expect from any rice cooker. Go through it before we jump into the “Top 10 Best Electric Rice Cookers”.
Inner Pot Material
Although it all looks the same from the outside, inner pot is the one that makes the difference. It may be either stainless steel or non-stick or aluminum. Some rice cookers come with the aluminum coated stainless steel. Choose the one based on your like and preference.
Non-Stick – This material helps in easy clean up because no food item will stick with the vessel. However, the non-stick coating tends to wear so fast. You need to replace the inner pot once it is worn out.
Stainless Steel – Durability is not a problem here. It looks like a new one and gives a shiny finish for several years to come. Stainless steel material is little more expensive than all others. When talking about heat conduction, it is not as good as aluminum.
Aluminum – The inner pot made with aluminum is lightweight and a bit cheap in price. It is an excellent heat conductor and not as durable as stainless steel. Vessels made with aluminum can bend.
Out of all top rated rice cookers, choose the one will serve the best to you.
Size matters. Rice cookers are of many shapes and sizes. Make sure to choose a model that fits your lifestyle. If you are single, the smaller, the better, but if you have a family or you plan on hosting parties, you can choose a bigger size. In electrical rice cooker the definition of size often given as uncooked rice, after cooking is done, this uncooked rice will be double the size as cooked rice.
For example: if the uncooked rice is given as 5 cups, it would produce 10 cups of cooked rice.
It is, of course, the most critical point as some rice cookers have more prominent features than others. Rice cookers often come with multiple cooking settings or functions. In an electric rice cooker, you can cook rice, grain can make yogurt, soup and so on. To make a particular item, just set the item same by just a single press. A clock and timer are an added advantage. A timer is the rice cooker’s indispensable feature.
Now you know the things to look into while buying the rice cookers. By basing the above, we have chosen the list of top 10 electric rice cookers. Right now in India Prestige and Panasonic electric rice cookers are so popular. Apart from this, Preethi, Borosil is notable too.
Top 10 Best Electric Rice Cookers
|No||Electric Rice Cooker Model||Capacity*||Timer||Pot Material||Power Consumption|
|1||Borosil BRC18LDSS11 1.8-Liters Electric Rice Cooker and Steamer (Black)||1.8 Ltr||Yes||Non-Stick||650 watts|
|2||Panasonic SR-DF181 1.8-Litre 750-Watt Rice Cooker||1.8 Ltr||Yes||Plastic||750 watts|
|3||Panasonic SR-Y22FHS 750-Watt Automatic Electric Cooker with Non-stick Cooking Pan (Silver/Burgundy)||0. 9 Ltr||No||Polycarbonate||750 watts|
|4||Panasonic SR-Y18FHS 660-Watt Automatic Electric Cooker 4.4 Litre with Non-Stick Cooking Pan & Steamer||0.9 Ltr||No||Polycarbonate||750 watts|
|5||Prestige Cute Delight Electric Rice Cooker, 1.8-2L (Red)||1.8 Ltr||No||Plastic||700 watts|
|6||Panasonic SRWA18GHCMB Rice Cooker Combo Pack, 1.8 Litre||1.8 Ltr||No||Anodized Aluminium||660 watts|
|7||Panasonic SR-WA22H – 750 Watt Automatic Cooker Warmer 5.4 Litre With Double Steamer Basket||1.1 Ltr||No||Stainless Steel||740 watts|
|8||Preethi RC-319 – 1 Litre Double Pan Electric Rice Cooker||1 Ltr||No||Anodized Aluminium||1600 watts|
|9||Panasonic SR-WA18 E 4.4-Litre Automatic Rice Cooker (White)||1.8 Ltr||No||Anodized Aluminium||660 watts|
|10||Prestige PRWO 1.8-2 700-Watt Electric Rice Cooker||1.8 Ltr||No||Aluminum||700 watts|
* Capacity Given here is raw capacity
1.Borosil BRC18LDSS11 1.8-Litres Electric Rice Cooker and Steamer (Black)
- Easy to clean.
- Its non-stick inner pot won’t let any food to stick with the vessel.
- The steamer is provided to steam the vegetables
- Comes with a timer
- Dishwasher safe inner container.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty.
- The inner side of the lid is not removable, and it’s a bit hard to clean.
2.Panasonic SR-DF181 1.8-Litre 750-Watt Rice Cooker
This electric rice cooker comes from Panasonic. It is made up of metal for durability. It has a “keep warm” function for keeping the food piping hot. Fuzzy Logic plays all the magic. It comes with a power failure device. In case of power cuts, it will automatically resume from where it left off (if the power cut duration is around 40 mins). Once the rice is perfectly cooked, the cooker will notify you. It comes with automatic control for white rice, Quick Cook, Steam, Brown Rice, and Porridge. The size of the cooker is 10 cups of uncooked rice. It’s capable enough to feed up to 6 to 7 people.
- Comes with a Basket for steaming purpose.
- 6 preset cooking options.
- Contains water level indicator.
- Easy to carry, compact and simple.
- Comes with 2 years of manufacturer warranty.
- Cooking time is slightly more compared to the regular rice cookers.
3.Panasonic SR-Y22FHS 750-Watt Automatic Electric Cooker with Non-stick Cooking Pan (Silver/Burgundy)
Yet another top rated rice cookers from Panasonic. This electric rice cooker has a non-stick cooking pan which is anchor coated. It also has a crystal clear transparent steaming basket which enables you to steam fish, momos or vegetables. Food stays warm and fresh for up to four hours in the cooker, which means you can enjoy it long after a long time it is prepared. It has a raw capacity of 0.9 liters (1.2 kg), after cooking it is 5.4 liter which lets you cook 2 different dishes at the same time without any issues. Definitely, it’s one of the best electric rice cookers.
- It has a handy bridge handle.
- Dish separator to cook 2 different dishes.
- Comes with a steamer.
- It comes with 2 years warranty on the product and 5 years warranty on the heater.
- Rice filter plate is easily breakable. So handle it with caution.
4.Panasonic SR-Y18FHS 660-Watt Automatic Electric Cooker 4.4 Litre with Non-Stick Cooking Pan & Steamer
This suitable and easy to use automatic rice cooker gives you a chance to cook different rice recipes for a small gathering of people. Like all other electric rice cookers, using this you can cook biryani/pulao in a smaller amount of time. It comes with heat-resistant bridge handles which ensures that you have a safe, secure and comfy grip when you hold the cooker. With its clear steaming basket, you can also steam fish or vegetables. Once you are done with cooking, you can leave the food up to 4 hours but still serve the nutritious and hot food. “Keep warm” mode supports this mechanism. Its capacity is 1.8L which can be used to serve 3 to 4 people.
- Comes with a clear steaming basket.
- Easy to clean the inner pot.
- Comes with 2 years of manufacturer warranty.
- Suitable for only small family or bachelors.
- A bit difficult to get the additional parts like idli maker in the market
5.Prestige Cute Delight Electric Rice Cooker, 1.8-2L (Red)
Like all the best electric rice cookers, you can use it to can cook porridge, stew, soup, idlis, biryani, pulao and steam vegetables, fish etc. in a hassle-free way. The cooker body should not be washed. You can only wipe it with the damp cloth. However, the aluminum rice bowl is removable so you can wash it with water. It also comes with a detachable power cord which makes it easy to carry. It supports speed cooking which makes the food so quickly while you are busy in doing some other tasks. Once the cooking is done, it automatically changes the mode to “keep warm”. It can cook up to 1 kg of rice.
- Cool Touch Handles.
- Additional Cooking Pan is provided.
- Comes with the steaming basket.
- It has a water level indicator.
- 2 years of manufacturer warranty.
- No non-stick cooking pan.
- The detachable power cord is reported as a short one.
- Some consumers report that after few months of using it, “heating power gets dropped” but it becomes manageable.
6.Panasonic SRWA18GHCMB Rice Cooker Combo Pack, 1.8 Litre
Designed with Japanese technology, this rice cooker works efficiently and takes very minimal storage space. It comes with the thermostat so you can control the cooking temperature depending on the food you prepare. You can also prepare a variety of rice dishes like biryani or pulao. This combo also supports cooking of other items like steaming vegetables, fish, Idlis and momos. The upper container comes with this cooker is transparent so you can see the food item being cooked. While cooking in this Panasonic electric rice cooker, it is enough to add little oil which ensures healthy eating to you and your family. When cooking is made, you can serve this nutritious food even after 5 hours with the same hotness. It can cook up to 1.2 kg of rice. Sufficient enough for 4 people.
- Transparent Upper container.
- Thermostat precision control to keep various temperatures for cooking a variety of items.
- Anodized aluminum cooking pot.
- Steamer, idli maker come with this combo. Quality of both the items is good.
- 2 years manufacturer warranty.
- No auto timer is provided.
7.Panasonic SR-WA22H – 750 Watt Automatic Cooker Warmer 5.4 Litre With Double Steamer Basket
- Double steamer basket to steam fish and vegetables.
- Easy to operate and clean.
- 2 years warranty on the product.
- No steel or non-stick pan.
8.Preethi RC-319 – 1 Litre Double Pan Electric Rice Cooker
Preethi RC-319 rice cooker can be used to make a wide variety of dishes which includes pulao, biryani, pasta, idly and sambhar recipes. It supports thermostat cut off and it has an overlapped heating coil. Both help in passing the uniform heat throughout the cooking which preserves the nutrients and it makes your food super healthy too. The inner pot is protected by a ceramic seal which prevents the melting of lead and rusting stains, making it suitable for all the years come along. It comes with several proven safety features. Like all other best electric rice cookers, it also comes with automatic keep warm setting which keeps the food warm and fresh up to four hours. You can cook 4 cups of uncooked rice (1 kg) with this cooker which can be used to feed 4 to 5 members.
2 more variants are available with this model. Both have the same quality and features as the one discussed here.
Preethi RC-320 1.8-Litre (6 cups uncooked rice)
Preethi RC-321 2.2-Litre (7 cups uncooked rice)
- Convenient and simple to use. Easy to clean.
- Comes with Anodized Aluminum Cooking Pan.
- Provided with Thermostat cutoff feature.
- Safety features such as zero shortcut, protection against voltage fluctuations and power outage are provided.
- 1-year warranty on product and 3 years warranty on the heating coil.
- No steamer is provided.
9 .Panasonic SR-WA18 E 4.4-Litre Automatic Rice Cooker (White)
This cooker can be used to cook various rice recipes like vegetable pulao, variety rice, and biryani. It is a great, powerful and energy efficient rice cooker which consumes only 660 Watts of electricity to cook your rice exquisitely. During the power cut off, when power resumes after a certain amount of time, it makes sure to not to overcook the rice. This automatic rice cooker cooks the rice in 20 minutes. It features a lightweight and durable anodized aluminum cooking pan.
- Anodized aluminum cooking pan.
- 2 years warranty on the product and 5 years warranty on a heater.
- Does not come with a steamer.
- The cooked rice might stick at the bottom.
- No separate steaming basket.
10.Prestige PRWO 1.8-2 700-Watt Electric Rice Cooker
This rice cooker can cook rice and other food items like biryani, pulao, fish, Idli, stew, porridge and vegetables. Using the speed cooking, it cut down the cooking time into half. It comes with a close fit lid made of stainless steel. It supports a detachable power cord, using it you can carry this rice cooker anywhere and start using it. It comes with 2 aluminum cooking pans and it can cook up to 1kg of rice.
- Cool-touch handles.
- The removable power cord is given so the cooker becomes easy to carry.
- 2 aluminum cooking pans.
- 1-year warranty on product and 5 years warranty on a heating element.
The rice might stick to the bottom of the cooking pan.
Got answer for your query what’s the best rice cooker? Well, I guess so. Now, choose the one from our top 10 and enjoy the cooking. If you have any questions to ask or have suggestions to improve the post, please write to us in the comments section.